Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Pumpkin Coffee Cake

Pumpkin is the new bacon. Or so Pinterest tells me. I don't know. I don't eat bacon. But I'll take their word for it because I love pumpkin everything.

This is the pumpkin coffee cake with streusel that was super yums.

Photography skills - 0 points. Flavorfulness - 1 point. Word inventivness - 5 points.

Looking for an actual coffee flavor to mix with the cake, I made this icing. It didn't add any coffee flavor, just more sugar, which wasn't needed. If I could do it over again, I would ix-nay this icing.

I'm practicing my pumpkin baking because the next cooking club is at my place and it's going to be a pumpkin brunch!


{Pumpkin Brunch Tentative Recipe List}

Pumpkin coffee cake from My Sweet Savannah

Crockpot pumpkin spice latte from Urban Nester

Autumn cider mimosas from Food + Words

Honeycrisp apple sangria from Nutmeg Nanny

(Are you also noticing a lot of drinks!?)

Pumpkin quinoa breakfast cookies from Sweet Treats & More

Maple pumpkin pie yogurt breakfast parfait by The Yummy Life


And of course I am open to more suggestions if you leave them in the comments! xo

No comments: