Saturday, May 12, 2012

The Bronte Trifecta!

I am on a Bronte sisters roll! It is my chick lit goal to read something from all three Bronte sisters: Charlotte, Emily and Anne.

Anne, Emily and Charlotte. Click here to go to Brontefamily.org

Read "Jane Eyre" by my gal Char last year and loved it. I also watched the movie the other day (2011 version) and thought it was great. Mr. Rochester was super sexy in the movie (despite the whole "crazy wife in the attic problem").

Almost finished with "Wurhering Heights" by Emily and kinda wish I had read "Jane Eyre" first. Don't hate me, Em, but I liked "Jane Eyre" more. On the plus side, look at this awesome cover art (art by Ruben Toledo, published by Penguin Classics Deluxe Editions).

Now onto Anne! If you click on the link below the sisters' portrait, the website gives you links to each of the sisters' work, e-book and Amazon link if you want the old-fashioned copy.

UPDATE: Project Gutenberg has Anne's works for free for your Kindle! Click here to go there!

No comments: