Wednesday, September 5, 2012

{Crockpot Wednesday} Turkey Chili

I'd suggest pairing this {Crockpot Wednesday} recipe with The Legend of Sleepy Hallow. I just finished the classic tale from Washington Irving today, and by the middle of it, I could taste autumn. I want to gobble it up.

This original recipe is one of my favorites. But I tweaked it just a bit (notice the dark chocolate):

Pam spray
1 pound ground turkey
1 can tomato sauce
2 cans kidney beans, drained
1 can black beans, drained
2 cans diced tomatoes, not drained
1 medium onion, chopped
1 small can diced jalapenos
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
1 pinch ground black pepper
1 pinch ground allspice
salt to taste
3 small pieces of dark chocolate

Spray Pam on a skillet and brown the ground turkey.

Combine all ingredients in a crock pot. Add cooked ground turkey. Cook on high for four hours or on low for eight hours. 

Serve with cornbread.

No comments: