Friday, September 28, 2012

Mini-Thanksgiving: A New Holiday!

Work has been getting in the way of my blogging fun. It's also been getting in the way of quality time with Man-Beast & Baby Panther.

And since I love food so much (live to eat). I would like to celebrate Thanksgiving for more than just one day. Plus it's a great excuse to have a fancy dinner with the ones I love and watch lots of football.

Therefore, I am officially making up my own holiday right now.

{Mini-Thanksgiving}

For some of the weekends leading up to the official turkey day, I am going to make a big meal. Turkey, Cornish hens, rotisserie chicken. Poultry of some sort.

Mashed potatoes. Mashed squash. Green been casserole in the crockpot. Whiskey honey carrots. Stuffing. Not all the sides at once. Just one or two at a time.

Two nights ago I bought a rotisserie chicken, made a green bean casserole in the crockpot, made mashed potatoes, gravy and stuffing.

It was a success! Man-Beast and I loved it. Baby Panther was a bit jealous that she wasn't allowed at the dinner table.

I don't have pictures to show, though, because my camera pooped out. And I'm not wealthy & fancy enough to have an iPad or smart phone.

But it looked a little something like this...

Minus so many people.
Anyone else going to celebrate {Mini Thanksgiving}? If you do, send photographic goodness to julieschicklit@gmail.com and I will post your pics. And I promise more posts this weekend!

No comments: